Thursday, February 4, 2010

LCHF Day 14: I don't eat breakfast.

That has always been my "slogan". I can't really tell you why. If I have been too lazy or if I thought eating in the morning was making me feel sick. With LCHF I have started having breakfast again, and honestly, I wonder how I have made it all these years without breakfast.

Before I could eat a bowl of oatmeal or muesli with milk. And a cup of coffee. Who gets happy from a breakfast like that? Not me. If I recall, without romanticizing LCHF too much, I don't even know if I felt I had had breakfast at all when I had eaten my poor muesli.

Nowadays I eat a hearty breakfast with an omelet made of eggs and heavy cream and fried bacon with some vegetables. I always eat peppers (paprika) in the morning because only a small piece covers my daily need for vitamin C. Every day I get up, I look forward to breakfast. No matter if I compare breakfast with before or not, I feel like a prince after breakfast nowadays.

The other day I overslept and didn't have time to eat breakfast. I couldn't have gotten a worse start of the day. I walked around grumpy for 4 hours, until I finally had my first meal. That's a mistake I won't repeat.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment